Monday, May 26, 2014

When A Child Hits

Every single one of my kids has gone through a phase where if they don't get what they want they either hit themselves or hit me. I'm sure its to get a reaction. I should probably be unemotional and deal out the required consequences. But no matter how I try it hurts my feelings when the child does it. I don't like it when they hurt themselves and I sure don't like it when they hurt me.


Hand-In-Hand Parenting suggests stopping their arm and say, "I can't let you do that." But I'm having a hard time remembering to do that at the time. I'm trying though, the problem is that it takes time for it to connect with the kids. And as I've said before my kids struggle with patience just like I do.


So, for now, I keep persevering and praying a lot that it will soon kick in with my last kid who is going through this fun phase.  If anyone has any other tips on how to get them to stop hitting that would be great. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment