Friday, May 9, 2014

Enjoy the Special Moments

One of the major things that helps me survive Mommyhood is enjoying those special moments when the kids do something that makes your jaw drop because its so cute, or sweet, or incredible.  This week in preparation for Mother's Day Rose and Cyprus have been working on special presents at school. Cyprus brought me a beautiful little pot of mixed herbs and my daughter had to complete a questionnaire about her Mommy (with some help) and then painted me a watercolor picture of myself.










When she handed them to me so was so worried as to whether or not I would like them. I think they are absolutely adorable -- though, for the record, some of the questions she answered on the questionnaire are things that she likes, not necessarily what mommy likes. In other questions she was highly intuitive. But no matter what I love each of these presents very, very much.

My kids are miracles in my life. For the longest time I didn't even think I would be able to have children. And when we did, it was difficult to get them here. Sometimes it still feels difficult now that they're here, but I'm incredibly grateful that they are a part of my world. It is a blessing I wasn't sure I would ever have and I wouldn't change being a Mommy for anything. And as I tell my daughter every morning when I drop her off at school, "I love you more than infinity."

No comments:

Post a Comment