Thursday, June 5, 2014

The Death of Naptime

This weeks marks the end of an era. Juniper has decided that he no longer needs daily naps (heaven help me).  So yesterday I planned the day around him no longer needing a nap, and what happened?  He fell asleep in the car. Luckily he was tired enough that I was able to carry him up to bed and he went back to sleep in bed.


I think he is mocking me. Oh well. We'll play it by ear, but I will miss the days were my little ones gave me two hours of peace every afternoon as they slept. I know people have suggested quiet time, but I don't know if its their sheer strength of will, or their age, or their ASD and SPD, but the older kids version of quite time is to sing/scream at the top of their lungs, jump up and down and ram into walls, etc. 


I tried to enact quiet time earlier this week once I realized that Juniper thinks he's done with nap time and the one hour it lasted (keeping in mind that its summer-time and I have all three kids at home) was anything but quiet (even if I did lock everyone, including myself, in our bedrooms).

Oh well, here's to adapting.

No comments:

Post a Comment