Wednesday, June 11, 2014

New Perspective

One of the fun side effects of having kids/step-kids is getting a new perspective on things like movies, video games, etc.


Lemongrass and Anise showed us the other day a video on YouTube.com about how if you look at the deep meaning of Nintendo video games then you would realize how evil Mario truly is to his "friends/family".


Today I put on Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2 for the kids while I prepped food for a writing retreat I'm taking this weekend. When I took a moment to sit down Lemongrass & I started getting into a discussion to determine exactly why kind of food the humans in the movie would be able to eat on an island where all the food had become foodimals (half food/half animals).


Also they have brought out a discussion on which characters will make sense being in the new Super Smash Brothers Brawl coming out at the end of the year and whether or not there will be an equal number of playable female to male characters. 


With the little ones I get new perspective on when they like to chance the language on my kindle so that they are playing games in Korean.


I love it. I love learning from all my kids and being asked questions that makes me think of things beyond what I would normally give myself time to think of in my day-to-day life.  So in the end, my kids are simply awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment