Monday, June 9, 2014

Blended Families

This week's posts are going to be mostly about blended families and being a step mom. Twelve years ago I married an incredible man. That man came with two kids from a previous marriage. Yes they lived in a different state than us for the first 6 years of our marriage, but they were and are a part of our lives. And a wonderful part at that.  After their sister, Rose, was born we moved to Utah to be closer to them. We wanted them to get to know their sister and for her to have them be a big part of her life.


They have been, and continue to be, some pretty awesome big brothers and I love them dearly.


For the sake of this blog we'll nickname them Anise and Lemongrass (you love me boys).


In fact, they are visiting this week and I am super happy to have them here. I miss them when they are gone and I know my kids and their dad do to.  Now here's my guilty confession one of the minor reasons that I love having them here. . .the little ones are so oober excited that to have Anise and Lemongrass around that the little kids' attention is steered away from me and this mom gets a momentary breather.


No, I do not make them do all the child care while they are here, only a little. But suddenly the one foot radius around Mommy has extended to "oh is mommy in the house".  I can live with that. 


I love you boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment