Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Personal Entourage

Ever since school got out I have my own personal entourage. Kids laying by my door waiting for me to get up for the day. Me tripping over kids who follow everywhere I go (within a one foot radius). Kids panicking if mommy even looks like she's going to be headed out the door.


I over did it yesterday in a cleaning frenzy, and since we had a meeting with an insurance guy this morning, my husband worked from home and offered to watch the kids while I slept in.  (Yes, I have a remarkable husband. You can't have him.) 


Once again at 6 am Cyprus was laying by our door kicking the security gate. Frank got up with him and locked our bedroom door so that I could go back to bed.  I eventually got up at 9 a.m but all three kids at one point or another came knocking at my door. Frank even said that when he came upstairs to get the kids their clothes all three kids were lying on the floor outside of our bedroom.  Just laying there. Waiting on mommy. 


Also, when Rose had gotten up for the morning she came to our door and I heard her knock quietly. When I refused to answer she knocked a bit louder. Then louder. And louder. And then started screaming.  I called out that I was sleeping at that she should go downstairs where daddy and breakfast was. Rose went back to her room and screamed for the next several minutes about how she didn't want to go back to sleep and that she couldn't go downstairs without mommy. I even heard Frank trying to talk to her and calm her down.


Later, when we sat down with the insurance agent, all three kids came into the room and suddenly wanted to sit on our laps and Rose even started rubbing my face and purred like a kitten.  Then when I went around the house taking pictures of everything in order to record what we own in case of a fired the whole motley crew followed me around on my heels, trying to add their two cents to the photographs.


Its a good thing my kids are so awesome and I love them so much.  And I'm so incredibly gratefully for the fantastic husband who supports our crazy life.  I am truly blessed (even if feeling slightly claustrophobic at the moment).

No comments:

Post a Comment