Friday, June 20, 2014

Cranky Food Mommy

So my children are often way too much like their mommy. When they are tired, sore, or hungry they are grumpy.  Well lately I have drastically changed the way I eat in order to live healthier.  My goal is that by the end of the year I will be able to run circles around them (even if that means they are glued to their chairs while I'm doing it). 

For the most part this eating healthier is an awesome thing to do. Sure it costs more to eat less processed food, I eat differently than the rest of the family, and sometimes it makes me downright grumpy eating my healthy stuff while I see someone laying on the cheese to their taco. On the up side I've lost a lot of weight that makes it easier to do things and to take care of my family. However, with other health issues poking its head into my business I don't have as much of an energy increase as others (pretty much everyone else) on the same program, and haven't been able to exercise without getting sick until just this week.  Most of my crankiness comes from the fact that I'm dealing with kids with extreme food sensitivity issues.  Food can't be touching on the plate, it has to look just right, and and and infinity. 

I want my family to eat healthier and I really don't want to keep making separate meals.  But unfortunately we aren't there yet.  So while my family ate Little Caesar's pizza last night, I chopped up some roasted turkey, granny smith apple, walnuts, carrots all on a bed of mixed greens.  Yes it was quite delicious, but sitting there eating my salad while my family ate pizza made this Momma far from a happy camper. 

So does anyone out there have a magic wand that I can borrow that makes my family suddenly not have so many food aversions? Or even one that makes me still lose weight while indulging in ice-cream, chocolate, and Mexican food? You would be my angel hero forever.

Signed,
The Mommy Looking for the Middle Ground

PS Even though I miss certain foods I still think what I'm doing is the right thing to do at the right time (even if I'm temporarily grumpy about it).

No comments:

Post a Comment