Tuesday, September 30, 2014

The Tenderness of Children

For the last few weeks our Rose, 6 years old, has moved back into her little brothers' bedroom. Then the last week we keep she moved out into the hallway just outside of our bedroom door. We keep trying to convince her that she'd be more comfortable in bed, but she adamantly remains where she is.  My husband had a talk with her this morning about why she is sleeping outside of our room.  She told him, "because I'm worried about Mommy."

We've talked to her about the possibility of me having Multiple Sclerosis like my grandfather did and we told her all the things that can mean. She knows that I'm scared, but that we also don't know everything we need to know yet.  So my darling little six year old daughter has taken it upon herself to sleep outside of my room to make sure I'm okay.

I don't know if its because I always sleep on their floor when they are sick, because I'm worried about them and want to make sure they are okay.  Or if its just her fear that I won't always be around.  Either way, I am deeply touched by her love for me. You are truly my darling, Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment