Thursday, September 4, 2014

Migraine Mischief

Last night was very difficult for me.  I suffer from chronic migraines and last night's was a doozy. My husband and daughter went to go help someone move in. While they were gone, Cyprus and Juniper took to beating each other's heads against the way, throwing each other across the room, etc., all in the name of good wrestling fun.  The only problem with that is it freaks this mommy out.  I hate seeing my kids hurt each other (even if they don't realize that's what they are doing) and I can't even read their minds to figure out why they were doing it in the first place.  All I know is that when I'm suffering from migraines my kids honestly instinctively amp up the mischief by 1000%.

After about 45  minutes of trying to break them up I finally called for a bath night. I quickly got Juniper in the tub and went to go hunt down Cyprus. By the time I had returned Juniper was taking the bucket that we wash their hair with and dumping it all over the bathroom floor, flooding the towels, floor mats, etc.  I was beyond livid and in a lot of pain by that point.

After my husband got home and we got Rose in the bath, Frank's mom called. When I got to talk to her I went into the boys' bedroom because the sound of two rambunctious boys bouncing on our bed to They Might Be Giants ABC's was more than I could handle.  While I was having a lovely conversation with my mother-in-law I was laying on Cyprus' bed. When Cyprus came into the room and saw me in his bed he grabbed his two favorite blankets, covered me up, said "Goodnight", then closed the bedroom door and turned off the light.

First of all, he has never said goodnight to me before. . .ever.  Secondly, it was the sweetest, kindest thing he could do after the rough night we had.  Suddenly, I was no longer mad at my kids.  And when he came back into the room he walked up to me and started rocking my body back and forth saying, "Hey! Wake up!"  All I could do was laugh.

Even after rough days I really lough these little squirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment