Thursday, July 17, 2014

Novel Study Helps With Bloody Noses

I'm a writer. So I'm frequently researching things for future novels. Recently, I've been studying into outdoor survival and in extreme circumstances.  I've even learned how to start a fire with a tampon and how to stay hidden in a jungle amidst gorilla warfare.  So now I'm totally prepared for the Zombie Apocalypse , granted I haven't had much practical experience yet.

One of the shows I had watched was Worst Case Scenario with Bear Grylls on Netflix instant streaming. During the segments where they are going to commercial break Bear discusses less life-threatening scenarios like the best way to get your thumb unstuck from a bowling ball and what to do if your fingers are stuck together with superglue.

He did a particular segment on the best way to get rid of bloody noses. Oddly enough he said to put pressure on the skin between your upper lip and your nose for something like 30 seconds.  Well, this week alone two of my kids had bloody noses and I suddenly remembered this piece of research from two months ago.  I tried it out on my kids and  . . . it works.

So try it out next time your little ones come running to you covered in a bloody faucet of ooze (unless it isn't a bloody nose, then you should call the cops or the hospital as needed).

No comments:

Post a Comment