Thursday, August 21, 2014

Happy Dance

My son, Juniper had me doing the happy dance today. He is almost three and knows how to talk, but not necessarily to communicate. But when he does make certain connections then he can use speak 3-5 word sentences with no difficulty and usually in the right instances. We've been working with his brother, Cyprus, to learn sign language. The benefit of that is that Juniper watches all the Signing Time videos with his brother.

Today Juniper must have made a certain connection because all of a sudden he's started using signs that we've been trying to get him to use for months.  I asked him if he was ready to go get in the car and Juniper said, and signed, the word for car and then ran outside to get in the car.  When he was hurt he signed/said "help me please".  I was astounded.  And earlier in the day when it was almost time to walk to the school to pick up Rose, Juniper signed "coat" and then ran and got his coat.

I love it when a plan comes together in that little guy's head. It's AWESOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment