Tuesday, August 26, 2014

#2 is Out of Here + Paranoid Mommy Smiling

Lest you think that #2 is in relations to the bathroom you can relax.  My second child, Cyprus started pre-school today.  So that makes two down and one to go.  On a day when I'm struggling with dislocated ribs, a migraine, a sinus infection and a dislocated collar bone, it was a huge relief to have him go off to school.

As for the paranoia update, well because Cyprus started school today I needed to be home to get him on the bus. However, I've been walking with Rose to and from school for the last week making sure she was used to the routine before I forced myself to let go and trust the other awesome kids to get her there.  Oh my was that ever hard for me.  With her Sensory Processing Disorder it is easily for things to distract her. She doesn't do it intentionally, its just how her brain is wired.  But I trust the older girl who is walking with her and I needed to teach Rose to take responsibility.

Having said that, I dropped Rose off at my friend's house so that her daughter, and a few other kids could walk to school together. Then, as I rushed home, I prayed for her safety and success. A few minutes later the bus for the special needs preschool showed up. I stood back as Cyprus climbed aboard and immediately took the same seat he had last year. Though I waved and said my goodbyes and love you's, he failed to even look at me once. He was set and eager to go.

Once he was gone I called and made an appointment with the chiropractor to deal with my own out of sync body. On the way I detoured over to the elementary school. . . just to make sure that Rose had gotten there safely and was lined up where she was supposed to be.  From the street I couldn't see her as her class lines next up to all the Kindergartners starting their very first day of school.  So, being the paranoid mom I am, I parked the car and snuck up to the school until I could actually see her, while simultaneously staying out of sight so she wouldn't notice me.   I was so relieved, happy, excited, overjoyed, emotionally ecstatic. You name it. I am proud.  And over the moon for my angel helpers watching over my daughter. 

So double happy dance going on for this mom.  Two kids in school and safe with good people surrounding them.  And the necessary doctors visits done and medication in my system to help me recover.  Now I just need to get little Juniper's fine/gross motor skills test out of the way later this week and then, hopefully, he'll get to start school two weeks from today. 

Then, I'll just pass out in utter delirium.


No comments:

Post a Comment