Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Surprises

Illness has been spreading around our house for the last few weeks.  First it was colds and then it migrated into the stomach flu. Mom and Dad were the last ones to get it. So while three special needs kids ran rampant around the house my husband and I were doubled over or flat in bed.  Happy day.  On one of the few moments that I could climb out of bed and come downstairs to spend time with the kids I sat on the couch and watched the kids play.  After a little while Cyprus pulls out an alphabet book about Noah's Ark and starts to read it. He actually read it.  He's 4.  I was flabbergasted.  He got through the Es all by himself.  My jaw dropped and I looked at my husband.  He said, "Yeah, he started last night."

Took us all by surprise. That's what we get for be physically/mentally out of it for a while. The kids surprise us.  Granted I gladly blame his preschool teacher. She is awesome that way.  I'm really impressed by Cyprus right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment